|The Stairway Of Freemasonry
For any enquiring mind, whether Freemason or not, this little book sets out to help answer questions – not so much: ‘What does it mean?’ but rather: ‘What can it mean?’, since the journey is concerned not with learning other people’s answers, but in working out answers for yourself. This is a book about what it means to walk the path of a Freemason; to be inspired by its rituals, to live your life by its precepts and to cultivate virtue within yourself.
If you are not a Freemason, you may want answers to questions such as the following:
• Why can I not become a Freemason by reading about it in a book?
• What would initiation do for me?
• What is the point of secrets in Freemasonry?
• Why are the square and compasses in Freemasonry such a universal symbol?
• What are Masonic symbols for? Do they mean anything?
• Can Freemasonry be as meaningful for me as my religion?
• By being a Freemason, can I be closer to God?
If you are already a Freemason, you may want answers to other, but similar questions:
• Why are we called Free Masons?
• If secrets in Freemasonry are not to hide something, what are they for?
• What does the ritual mean when it talks of avoiding fear and rashness?
• How can symbols best be used?
• Can working tools really be used to make me a better person? If so, how?
• Why is it said that lodges stand on holy ground?
• How am I to understand light in a symbolic sense?
By Julian Rees
Regular Price: £9.99 (GBP)
SALE PRICE: £7.99 (GBP)